1. Oatmeal – it is packed full of fibre which keeps you feeling fuller for longer and improving your digestive system. As oatmeal is also a complex carbohydrate, it means that these can be broken down slowly and so you will feel great for longer. Alongside this, it prevents snacking and so if you are looking to lose weight, it is a good option to help you stay away from those pesky snacks. While it can be tasty to add lots of golden syrup, it is best to stick to nuts, cinnamon or fruit and so you don’t crash later in the day.
2. Bananas – bananas are the perfect sweet but simple food to eat in the morning. Not only do they give you the energy that you need, but they are full of potassium which can lower blood pressure which is great for people who are heading out for a busy day.
3. Eggs – Not only do eggs only contain around 75 calories per egg and so you can have a few to keep you full, but they are rich in B vitamins which turn the food you eat into the energy that you need.
4. Blueberries – Blueberries are a sure way to keep you feeling awake and prevent dreadful crashes later in the day. They aren’t just packed full of antioxidants but they are low glycaemic and so they affect your blood sugar less than other fruits.
5. Oranges – being full of vitamin C, oranges contain the right vitamins to see you through the day. Oranges are better to eat rather than drink as there is less sugar in a real orange than fruit juices.
6. Peanut butter – As long as you pick the correct jar, peanut butter is full of healthy fats that wake up your digestive system and keep you energised. Make sure you get the low sugar or sugar free alternatives.
7. Smoked salmon – salmon is a great source of healthy protein that will keep you feeling full until lunch. The fatty acids within it will also keep your brain sharp and working all day.
8. Almonds – if you are rushing out of the door and need something quick to grab, almonds are the perfect food. They are full of protein which means that they will give you lasting energy, even when you’re exhausted.
9. Watermelon – Watermelon is a nice sweet fruit that has a number of positive health effects. It also has a very high water content, meaning that you can easily stay hydrated.
10. Strawberries – full of vitamin C, folic acid and fibre. Vitamin C is known to ward off illness, which means that strawberries are a good way to start the day and keep the doctor away.