What is Acai (ah-sigh-ee)?
Acai berries are nutrient-dense berries that are one of the healthiest berries to be found on the planet. They are grown in Amazonian rain forests of Latin America however due to their delicate nature, they are generally found in health food stores (such as About Life) in a frozen puree form or as a freeze dried powder to ensure that the nutrient profile is retained.
How can Acai help?
Acai berries have extremely high antioxidant contents helping to repair damaged cells inside your body. They help fight free radicals that accumulate in the body which prevent cell growth. Free radicals enter our bodies through environmental pollution and food and are responsible for premature aging. Antioxidants are proven to speed up the process of cell division and repair helping to give you healthier skin and increased energy levels. When eaten, the berries provide nutrition that can give your skin a healthy glow. In fact, Brazilians have been eating acai berries for centuries to promote skin health.
How to enjoy?
Consuming acai berries in a smoothie bowl or smoothie paired with a serve of delicious ‘Nourish + Repair’, which is enriched with anti-aging and rejuvenating collagen, nourishing protein and energising greens, can help keep your skin, hair and nails feeling and looking soft, youthful and glowing. ‘Nourish + Repair’ simplifies the process of getting your daily dose of nutrients, so you can make the most out of every moment you’re given!
Acai berry smoothie bowl recipe
For the bowl
- 1 scoop of Nourish + Repair Vanilla
- 1 cup (150g) frozen blueberries
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 pack acai puree (or 2 tsp of acai powder)
- 3-4 tbsp quinoa flakes (or rolled oats)
- 2/3 cup almond or coconut milk (or dairy milk if you prefer)
- 1 tsp agave syrup or honey
- Fresh blueberries
- Coconut flakes
- Chia seeds
- In a blender or nutribullet, first place all frozen fruit and acai puree, then add Nourish + Repair powder, quinoa flakes, sweetener and your favourite milk source.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Garnish with fresh blueberries, coconut flakes and chia seeds